Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Monday, 2/6/17; 10 - 12:45

2/6/17 Did more drawing. Had new students today. They still want me to g=do stuff upstairs. Have to switch the project now, since they have done more than enough with the cartoon figures and pop up cards.

I plan to switch to showing them scenes from their era's musicals, and asking them to draw the figure in motion. Just practice some more to get them to follow the line of the body and motion. Different colored pencils?  Silhouettes in different colors? Maybe cut them afterwards to paste on an interesting background? I want to give them enough practice to then move onto something in 3d next week...

We had a couple of students who were suffering from a bit of dementia. The project was simple enough for them , but I'd like to give them something they can do without thinking too much.
There are a few students that are really into the drawing aspects of the programs. I'v also noticed that these students were exclusively people of color (asian, south asian, latino).  I will make efforts to bring media that celebrates their diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment